Wow – it’s been a while since I have posted anything. Partially because my computer has just been really annoying lately and partially because it takes forever to upload pictures to Blogger. I can’t say that anymore! I am posting this from my brand new laptop! YEAH! It is amazing how FAST it is!!!! I am using a program (???) on the computer called Windows Live Writer to post this on Blogger. I have been really frustrated with how long it took to upload pictures – it made posting so difficult, so I am hoping this will make things easier. Of course, at this point, I don’t have any pictures loaded on this computer to upload, so I will have to work on that ASAP.
For a quick update, Emma continues to amaze us daily! She is such a talker! I always tell everybody she talks from the minute she wakes up until the minute she falls asleep – an then she talks in her sleep all night! Some days I think my head is going to explode from her endless chatter! She makes up these whole conversations (for 2 people) that go something like this: You say Hi baby, what are you doing? and I’ll say I’m taking my baby for a walk then you say Where are you walking to and I’ll say we are going to church…… and then she expects you to remember what she said and have that conversation. And believe me, she will let you know if you don’t get your part right!
We have been cooped up at home a lot lately due to all the snow and the WIND (boy, does the wind blow here!), so we have been playing a lot of games of Hi Ho Cherry-O, Cootie, and Candy Land Castle. Emma has really been into playing with her baby dolls, too. We still play Play Doh daily and read, read, read. There are several of the repetitive books that she will read by herself. I love listening to her! It is really amazing when she changes the words, but still completely ‘gets’ the meaning and uses complete (an usually longer)sentences. Emma had a great time making Valentines for everyone in the family.
One of Emma’s favorite shows is Mister Rogers, and one of the characters (Mayor Maggie) uses sign language, usually while she is singing. Emma is fascinated with it! I am going to try to teach her some more signs and find some signing videos for her. We signed a little with her when we got home, but haven’t done much lately.
We have a lot of things coming up - Emma has a birthday on March 16th, as well as our referral anniversary on March 3rd. I will do my best to start working on the blog regularly, and see what I can do to load some pictures to catch everyone up on the last several months!

No comments:
Post a Comment