Friday, June 26, 2009

Vacation Bible School!

Emma attended her first VBS this week. There were a lot of kids there - I think she had about 16 just in her preschool class. She loved going and getting to play with the kids out on the playground. It was held in the evening, so we have had some late nights (she is usually in bed by 8:30, but it has been 10 or later), although she is sleeping in more in the morning, which is nice.

Wednesday night, Emma took a spill while climbing up to go down the big slide. She got a pretty good size knot on the side of her head, but she is doing fine now.

The church was decorated for the Australian Outback, and they had a kangaroo and koala characters, skits, and some great songs. There was a really nice cookout tonight for the last night in their new multi-purpose building. It has been a while (OK, a LONG while) since I have done anything with VBS, but I have to say they did a wonderful job!

Here is Emma in her VBS t-shirt. I had to tweak it a little to get it to fit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow does she look older in these pictures!! I can't believe how fast she is growing up! Maggie just got back from camp-- We will have to check schedules and plan a trip down to see you guys-- if you aren't too busy for us-- seems like you always have something going on-- XOXO Kim