Sunday, October 18, 2009

Our Visit to Idlewild

Wow! It seems there is never enough time to get this blog caught up! I am trying, though!

This one goes clear back to July 30th when we went to Idlewild Amusement Park with our church. Rodney and I both went here growing up, so it was really neat that it was Emma's first amusement park. It is very much a family park with a lot of activities for little ones, as compared to many larger parks. I loved taking some of these pictures of Emma because I have several identical pictures of my nephews Jeremiah, Josh, and Jared from many, many years ago. Boy, does that make me feel old! We loved hanging out most of the day with our friends Pam, Steve, Sarah, and Seth.

One part of Idlewild is Storybook Forest, where you can walk through lots of nursery rhymes.




Emma, Sarah, and Seth being crowned as princesses and a prince!




Jumping Jungle, another section, has some really great activities that Emma loved. Climbing this cargo net was a real workout! The last 10 feet or so were straight up - and the holes in the net were so close together (to keep little feet and arms in) you could barely get a toe-hold in to help climb up! This was much easier 15 years ago with my nephews!! LOL!




This was, by far, Emma's favorite ride! She is still talking about the big slide at Idlewild.




I love these next few shots! I have these exact pictures of Jared when he was little!! Emma was so amazed at the balls floating in midair!







Steve, Sarah, and Rodney attacked the Howler! with a vengeance.

Emma liked riding some of the 'big people' rides. I have a feeling there will be a lot of roller coasters in her future!




Riding the trolley into Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood Land of Make-Believe. We went through two times....


but Emma only made it for one!


We finally made it to Raccoon Lagoon, which is full of rides for little ones only - even Sarah was too tall to ride most of them!

Pam and Sarah hitting the ropes! I think Pam went up 3 or 4 times!


After waiting through a brief rain delay, Emma and I took one last ride on the slide.



I'm not sure if Steve was pulling himself up or giving Pam a helping hand up.
Taking on the smaller tunnel with Daddy.


Rodney's parents live nearby, so we spent the night with them. Emma had a lot of fun with her Pappy.

No comments: