Wow! I can’t believe how fast the past 2 years have flown by! It has been a truly wonderful ride! In some ways it is hard to believe it has only been 2 years since we were in China and were handed this beautiful, screaming baby, and in other ways it feels like Emma has been with us forever.
Two years ago, Emma was a scared baby who wouldn’t take a bottle from us in China. What a stressful time for all of us!
Fast forward to today, and she is a happy, inquisitive, talking machine!! Emma loves playing with her dolls, playing outside on her swing and slide, reading books, running (I think we have a future track star on our hands), watching Dora, Kai-Lan, Wonder Pets, and Team Umizoomi on TV. She is constantly saying words and answering us in either Spanish or Chinese! Emma loves to help with whatever Rodney and I are doing – dishes, washing the car, watering plants, running the sweeper. I’m going to remind her of these days when she is a teenager!
Emma is such a blessing in our lives! The 3 years we waited were excruciating, but she is the absolute perfect one for us. I can’t imagine not having her!
We are looking forward to Emma going to Bible school in June, heading to the beach in July, and starting preschool in the fall. It is hard to believe how fast she is growing up!
Here’s the little diva – I can already see the cell phone bills!
Our good friends Rochelle and Doug gave us a cake to celebrate our 2nd Gotcha Day anniversary.

No comments:
Post a Comment