Monday, August 2, 2010

Vacation 2010

We had a great time at Myrtle Beach this year. Emma liked the sand this year, which made the trip a lot nicer! We would sit at the edge of the water in the waves and she would dig for quite a long time. When Rodney would take her in the water, she would laugh as the waves hit them.

Where she would really shine, though, was in the pool. We spent several hours a day there. The first several days she would get around in her floaties, getting braver about going under and floating. Something clicked with her a few days before we left – she decided she liked jumping in, both with and without floaties. Then she would push herself under at the stairs and stay under for up to 10 seconds.

The screen on my old point and shoot camera broke, so I researched new ones for a while and decided on a waterproof camera – and boy, did I have fun with it. I got some good pics, but I LOVE the videos I got of Emma underwater!!

We started our vacation visiting South Boston, Virginia where we used to live. We enjoyed visiting with Sue, her kids, and parents Grace and Russ as well as Tom and Marsha and one of their “boys” Zach. These pics are from Staunton River State Park, where we camped.

007 015 020

040 054

011

Here are some beach pics

009 015 017 018 020 021 023 022031

003 005 006 009 011 016 018 019 020

This has been Emma’s “look” this summer. She squints her eyes, cocks her head to the side and looks at you or points to something.

021 022 IMG_2956 IMG_2958

Emma got to try her first cotton candy at the campground. What a sticky mess! Of course I didn’t have my camera – but I sent Rodney for it as we were walking to the pool.

001 002 007 008

We bought Emma this guitar, and she has had a lot of fun singing along – usually to ‘Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star’.

009

Rodney’s brother Weas and his family, Miranda and Caleb were in Myrtle Beach the same week we were, so we got together a few times. It was nice seeing them!

001 004 014 015 021 022 025

July 19th – the day Emma got brave! She finally decided to jump off the side of the pool. A few of these are fuzzy, but still cute!

002 003 006 016

The very next day she decided to jump off without her floaties. By the way, she can't swim without her floaties - she jumps off and is just underwater looking up at you with wide-open eyes waiting for you to grab her. This picture is the very first time she jumped. Hopefully I can figure out how to insert videos – I have several cute ones!

001 002

And the next day, she was pushing herself under water and saying “cheese puffs!” – she did this over and over and over! She would hold onto the railing at the steps, go under, pull herself to the bottom (about 2.5 feet under), and almost flatten herself on the bottom in a split. I think she did this 50 times in a row! She was loving it!!

037 038 040 041 046 049 051 052

Our last day at the beach. :(

001 003 006 008 017 021 023 026

No comments: