It's finally official! After 26 months of waiting, we are finally able to say we are a family!
It's a GIRL and she is georgous! We are so honored to welcome our daughter, Dong Xiao Fu, who will be known as Emma Lee Xiao.
Here is what we know so far: She was born on March 16, 2007 in Guang Dong Province. She is at the SWI in Yang Dong County. She has 2 teeth and she is a moderate sleeper (like her mommy!). She sucks on her fingers when she sleeps. She knows her name and can locate voices when they call her. She can hold her head up, roll over, grasp and follow toys. She laughs out loud (we can't wait to hear that!) She enjoys being quiet and quietness, and she is close to her caretaker. She doesn't have much hair in her referral photos, but she does have her daddy's hairline! It may be a while before I get to do all the bows!
I will post more info on her measurements when we get the package tomorrow. We are SO THRILLED!! Travel cannot come soon enough!
Monday, March 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

28 comments:
What a beauty! All Yangdong girls are gorgeous (I'm the proud mom to one!). Your Emma Lee Xiao is absolutely precious.
Did you know that Xiao Fu is the name of the little girl who stars alongside Big Bird in "Big Bird in China"? My daughter talks about Xiao Fu all day long!
Come on over to the YangKids Yahoo group -- it's a great place to meet folks with Yandong babies:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/YangKids/
Congratulations!
Congrats. What a cutie pie. We have a FCC group in your area. It is in Roanoke, VA. Feel free to e-mail if you are interested in joining. We would love to have you. KSLBASKETS@AOL.COM
Congratulations! She is beautiful!!
Congratulations! Your daughter is adorable!
Where are you in VA? I also live in Central VA and received referral last month.
Rachel
Congratulations! She is adorable I will be watching your journey...
HUGS
Susan R
Congratulations! I'm another mom to a wonderful girl from Yangdong.
Please join us on the Yangkids website! We would love to have you.
Can't wait to see her in your arms!
Congratulations!
Your daughter is beautiful!
My daughter is a Guangdong girl!
Wishing you a speedy, safe and memorable journery to her.
She is absolutely adorable - congratulations! She will be at a very fun age when you get her, too. OUr daughter was 13 months when we got her - and I absolutely love that age. Your daughter is precious - enjoy every moment of the next few weeks and months - they fly by.
Tracy (Trace7 from RQ)
Congratulations! She is beautiful. I love the name Emma.
She is just darling. Congratulations!
Congratulations on your referral! She is too cute!
Emma is so, so pretty!
Congratulations on becoming a forever family :)
Erica
she's cute! Her hair line looks a lot like Katie's in referral photos.
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations on your beautiful new daughter. She is truly lovely.
She is amazing. gorgeous. congrats on your new addition.
Congrats! She is a beauty!
What a sweetie!
I am so happy to "meet" Miss Emma! Her personality shines through her pictures! I know you can't wait to get your hands on her. Let me know when she's home!!
congratulations,
can't wait to see her in person
she is a cutie
WOW!!! She is amazing!! I know you have waited soooo long for this and I'm sure you will find it was well worth the wait once you get your arms around that precious little baby! I wish you all the best! Shelby will be so excited to babysit for you!
She is so cute... congratulations...
Hi Chris, It's Shelby! My mom told me about your good news i'm soooo happy for u :) And let me just let u know ahead of time, if u ever need a babysitter i'm here!! :) Congrats on finally getting ur precious baby girl. Ur gonna be a GREAT mom!
Matt and I are so happy for you! Emma Lee is the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen. We can not wait to meet her!
Congratulations! She's adorable! Best wishes on a speedy TA :)
Hi Chris, this is Carrie... Kim Lewandowski's little sister. She's been keeping me posted on your exciting and, at times, frustrating journey. I asked her for your address, so she sent your blog... I'm sending a heart felt congratulation on the splash of pink God has just added to your life's canvas... truly a family portrait, now! God bless!!
Congratulations on the referral of your beautiful Emma! I saw your link on RQ. You guys must be over the moon. I hope your TA comes fast. Best of luck. :)
Hugs,
Jonni
Congratulations, you have a beautiful daughter.
My girl is also Yangdong and went to Greater China in 2006.
My blog http://anayyuniblogspot.com
Greetings from Spain
Juani
Hi! I saw you on RQ and just wanted to say hi and good luck on your trip in China. I know you have waited and waited and now, the day is finally, almost here. Enjoy every minute and if you see the CCAA-tell them to hurry up with a big batch in May! Safe travels!
Post a Comment