Thank you so much to all of the people who left comments! They were so touching – I cry every time I read them! The adoption community is so amazing, and I don’t think our friends and family will ever know what their support has meant to us through this wait.
Over and over through the wait, we would read on other blogs and websites about how finally getting your referral makes the wait worth it. I NEVER understood it until it happened. These past few months have be SO, SO, SO very difficult! But since Monday when we saw our little girl’s face for the first time, I have felt such peace. The difference is so dramatic. There is no doubt that this is the child that is supposed to join our family. I’m sure that these next several weeks are going to feel like eternity because we can’t wait to get her into our arms! But at least with this wait, there is an end in sight – and at the end is an amazing little girl that we can’t wait to get to know!
My heart goes out to all of you who are still waiting!
Friday, March 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congratulations! I adopted my daughter just over a year ago, and the excitement of referral and travel is still with me today. I thought it would have faded a bit, but I'm still in awe of how we became a family. I wish you continued joy.
Any new news on going to get Emma? You three are always in our thoughts and prayers. Hope your travel comes soon!
Post a Comment