Saturday, March 8, 2008

Waiting on translation...

Well, we did get our package the next day, which was very exciting! It had our official “Letter of Seeking Confirmation from Adopter” that we need to sign and send back to our agency, which they will return to China. Emma Lee’s passport picture was in there also. We didn’t get it with our original referral email, so here is a new picture! YEAH!! I can’t tell you how many copies of these few pictures I have printed. They are everywhere! I have also scanned the originals into my computer, just to have them for safe keeping. (OK, I’m just a little OCD) I think I spent an hour trying to get the passport picture to scan correctly – it keeps putting a little mark on her face or cutting of part of her little head, which is driving me crazy! :-D

Back to the package, I knew it would be in Chinese, but for some reason I figured I would be able to glean some information out of it. Yeah, right! It is beautiful to look at, but other than figuring out that there was a chart with her measurements, I was stumped. I could tell they were measurements, but I couldn’t tell when they were taken. We should get translations soon. It seems like I am always waiting for something…

6 comments:

Alyson and Ford said...

We can't read any Chinese either! But you tried; I would have too.
Congratulation on your referral.
It is getting closer for us too.
We wish you much happiness and many blessing in 2008!!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Truly Blessed said...

You are such a new mom! How funny you are. However, we've ALL done what you're doing when we first got our referrals, too.

Emma Lee is gorgeous. Have you looked up Big Bird in China yet? Remember, Xiao Fu is the name of the little girl who helps BB find the legendary Phoenix. We love Xiao Fu!

Christi and Abbey said...

Congratulations!! I love my Yangdong girl!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for the three of you! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person. Have a fun and safe trip to China.
Love the Bamberg's.

happyit121 said...

Hey Chris its Kendra and Matt, were up in PA and we just showed Mom Emma Lee's pictures, she loves her!! Ok we'll talk to you later. (oh and Matt typed all this!! ^^)

Carrie said...

Hello - Emma is sooooo beautiful!!! I cannot wait to meet her in person. I am glad she will be part of our extended family! You both will have so much fun - it will be nice to have you closer. Take Care
Love,
Carrie (Eric, Brit and Patrick too!)