We have our tickets!! We leave for China on May 2nd, and will finally have our Emma Lee in our arms on Wednesday, May 7th! (That's 26 days from now if anyone is counting.) I'm kind of back to the place where nothing seems real. It is so hard to believe that in 26 days we will finally be a family. We have been through so much with the long wait, renewing paperwork, and all the stress.
Ok, I just looked at a calendar and we leave three weeks from tomorrow!! Three weeks - I have SO MUCH TO DO!!!!!!
I have spent the last several days trying to figure out and coordinate all of our travel. We are going to Beijing first for two days of touring, then on to Guangzhou where we will spend 10 days, then one night in Hong Kong before we fly back to the US. We are also adding a stop in Pittsburgh for two days to let our family meet Emma Lee before heading home. It is going to be a whirlwind trip, to say the least. But no matter what happens, it will still be the BEST trip of our lives!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
It is a trip of a lifetime. My biggest advice is to try and relax and really dont overpack as you can buy anything your forget over there......oh time flies and they grow so fast. Enjoy every moment.
I don't believe this, our little girl is currently in the same orphanage! :) We just got our referral this week!
Jill
Don't stress about the packing. The only thing you might not be able to find on Shamian Island are tiny clothes (6-9 month sizes) and medicines. Everything else you could possibly ever need or want for Emma Lee is readily available there.
I can't wait to follow your journey!
Kelly (mom to a gorgeous Yangdong girl myself!)
Congratulations on the referral of your beautiful baby girl - she is just precious. Can't wait to follow your trip to pick her up!
Too Funny! I was checking out RQ and saw your blog address. Great minds think alike! Our blog address in Finally A Family, too (www.finallyafamily.blogspot.com)!
Congratulations on becoming a family of 3! We have been a family of 3 for a little over one year. Our Finally A Family anniversary day is 4/16/07.
Wishing you safe travels, a smooth transition, and lots of love and laughter on your journey.
Congratulations!
TJ
Post a Comment