We leave Friday! I can’t believe it is actually this close! I have an extensive packing list on my computer, and I have just been piling everything on the bed in the guest bedroom. Oh, that pile was scaring me! I am pretty sure much of it won’t actually end up going to China with us, but I figured it was better to have too much stuff, and cut things out rather than frantically searching for something I didn’t have when it is time to go. My friend Kendra came over today and we went through a bunch of it, taking things out of packages, sorting it all. We packed mainly clothes, and I was actually surprised how well it was fitting. I haven’t weighed them yet, though, so that may be the shocker. We need to do a little bit of shopping in the next couple of days. I realized we don’t have any children’s Tylenol or Motrin, diaper rash cream, we both need a pair of sunglasses, a travel alarm, and a couple of other things. Luckily, everything we need seems to be small.
Packing has been the biggest struggle! Every leg of our trip has different requirements as far as weight and bags go. The most restrictive is our flight from Beijing to Guangzhou. You can only check one bag up to 44 pounds for in China flights, and they have severely restricted carry-ons, probably due to concerns regarding the Olympics. Hopefully they will let me pay to check a second bag!
I am pretty sure we will be fine on the rest of our flights. I just can’t do too much shopping in Guangzhou! I have a plan, though. I am taking several things that I would be more than happy to leave behind to fit in a few extra souveniers.
I have all of the paperwork together, but I need to copy some of it, and I was hoping to scan it into my computer so I can have instant access to anything I may need. Hopefully this will get done!
Wish me luck as I finish packing!
Monday, April 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment