We are in Guangzhou! Can you believe it? We left our hotel in Beijing early this morning and headed to the airport. The flight to Guanzhhou was a little bumpy, but not too bad. When we arrived, our guide Xi Xi was waiting for us. She took us to the Victory Hotel on Shamain Island. Our room is very nice. I’m excited to sleep on a soft bed! The last hotel was quaint, but the bed was a rock! This room has a long, open area with a sitting area, desk with a computer, and a separate bedroom. It will be nice to have a place to sit instead of just having to sit on the bed! Now when I’m up and can’t sleep all night, I can go out into the sitting room and get online without bothering Rodney.
We have walked around the island a little tonight and had dinner at Lucy’s (we had a burger and fries – pretty good after 3 days of Chinese food!) It is so cool walking around here – everywhere you look there are families with their newly adopted children! Tomorrow we will be one of them!
We will finally get to hold Emma Lee in less than 20 hours! Amazing! When our family and friends wake up Wednesday morning, we should already have Emma Lee!
Stay tuned! The best is yet to come!
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So sorry about your fall on the wall...no fun at all (hey, it rhymes!).
Enjoy your last few hours together as a couple -- you should get a massage tomorrow morning (seriously, it's fantastic and CHEAP! The spa is next door to the Cow & Bridge, if I remember correctly, and it's about $10 USD for an hour long full body massage. Fantastic.
Your Yangdong Girl is so close, what a wonderful feeling! I cannot wait to see her in your arms.
Kelly (mom to a Yangdong beauty)
Hi, Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig. We are enjoying your blog very much. The kids love the pictures.
Andrew wants to know if you are ok after your fall?
Jackson would like to know if the first plane ride was bumpy even before the lightning?
Nicholas would like to know how the Great Wall felt?
Tiffany would like to know when you are coming back?
Nan- What kinds of foods are you eating?
Lamont- My favorite picutre was when you were in the Rickshaw?
Amber-Are you really excited about the baby?
Abby- I miss you!
Rebecca-How is it in China?
Donnie-I am getting a star on my AR hat!
Austin-Justin and I got our AR hats!!!
Dylan G. - How did the rickshaw feel?
Zachory- How are you and Mr. Ludwig doing?
We miss you and hope you have a wonderful time. We are so excited to see pictures of Emma Lee!!!
I can't wait to see your daughter in your arms, I am so emotional for you! Sometimes I wonder if your daughter is our daughters crib buddy.
Our prayers are with you. You must be SO excited.
Jill
Post a Comment