TOUCHDOWN! We arrived in Pittsburgh on Saturday, May 17.
We could not have asked for a better flight home from China! Emma Lee was SO good on the flight. We were so worried that she would cry non-stop for the whole 15 hours. When the plane began to go down the runway, she got a really strange look on her face. We were airborn less than 2 minutes when she slumped to the side and was fast asleep! She was just adorable! She probably slept for 2 hours, then was up playing for a while before she fell asleep again. When she was awake, she played and was fairly happy. There were a few minutes of crying here and there, but overall it was as pleasant of a flight as a 15 hour flight could be.


We could not have asked for a better flight home from China! Emma Lee was SO good on the flight. We were so worried that she would cry non-stop for the whole 15 hours. When the plane began to go down the runway, she got a really strange look on her face. We were airborn less than 2 minutes when she slumped to the side and was fast asleep! She was just adorable! She probably slept for 2 hours, then was up playing for a while before she fell asleep again. When she was awake, she played and was fairly happy. There were a few minutes of crying here and there, but overall it was as pleasant of a flight as a 15 hour flight could be.
When we landed in Newark, Emma Lee became a citizen of the United States. Horray for Emma!
It took a while to go through customs and claim our bags. There was supposed to be an easy way to recheck them after customs, but they directed us out of the airport and onto a bus to a different terminal. I think, once again, we ended up going the long way around. When we got to security, we realized we didn't have a boarding pass for Rodney. Thankfully, they let us through and we got it taken care of at the service center. Then we realized there were 2 different gate numbers on our passes, so we checked on that, and found that they were BOTH wrong, and we had to trek to another gate. I'm glad we checked early!
While we were waiting, we split a salad. It was great to eat a salad since we hadn't had one for over 2 weeks.
Our flight from Newark to Pittsburgh was quite turbulant! Emma slept through it all! There were some great people on the plane who were so excited to learn of our adoption and just oohed and ahhhed over Emma Lee!

We finally landed in Pittsburgh about 20 minutes late. We took the time to change our clothes. I had a pink American Mom t-shirt that I have been waiting 2 years to wear, and I bought Rodney a shirt that said Fatherhood, the toughest job you'll ever love! We also got an adorable red, white, and blue sundress as a shower present for Emma. It was cold and rainy when we landed, but I put her in it anyway. I just took pants and a jacket to put on her when we left the airport.

She looked so cute in the sundress!
Both of our families came to greet us at the airport. It was great to see everyone and introduce them to Emma Lee! They were thrilled with her, of course! She was hesitant at first, but that was a lot of new faces to see all at once, especially after all the traveling she had just been through!
While we were waiting, we split a salad. It was great to eat a salad since we hadn't had one for over 2 weeks.
Our flight from Newark to Pittsburgh was quite turbulant! Emma slept through it all! There were some great people on the plane who were so excited to learn of our adoption and just oohed and ahhhed over Emma Lee!
We finally landed in Pittsburgh about 20 minutes late. We took the time to change our clothes. I had a pink American Mom t-shirt that I have been waiting 2 years to wear, and I bought Rodney a shirt that said Fatherhood, the toughest job you'll ever love! We also got an adorable red, white, and blue sundress as a shower present for Emma. It was cold and rainy when we landed, but I put her in it anyway. I just took pants and a jacket to put on her when we left the airport.
She looked so cute in the sundress!
Both of our families came to greet us at the airport. It was great to see everyone and introduce them to Emma Lee! They were thrilled with her, of course! She was hesitant at first, but that was a lot of new faces to see all at once, especially after all the traveling she had just been through!

5 comments:
Glad to hear you are home and safe!
Hugs Ruth in NZ
Welcome home! I enjoyed your journey for your little doll! Please keep us Blogaholics updated.
Doreen in Montreal proud Mom to Faith Jiangxi & Mia Sichuan
Rodney, Chris and Emma, Welcome home and to a new life. I am so happy for you all. Congratulations. Hppy to hear your flight went so well. Hope to hear and see more of you all.
Diana
Chrissy, Rodney and Emma,
Welcome home! I have been following your journey and I am happy to hear you are home safe and sound. Mom says Emma is a darling, happy girl! Thanks so much for sharing your story, what a blessing!
Lori (Umstead) Heil
Chris, Rodney and Emma,
I feel like I know Emma already having followed your journey. She is adorable and hope to meet her next time you are in PA. Chris, Mom says she is a daddy's girl. That's the way it is supposed to be with girls you know. Blessings, Dianne Henwood
Post a Comment