We were broken in as parents last night(Friday night). Emma Lee woke us up crying around 1:30, 4, and 5:30. She was up for good aroung 6. Big difference from the 9 PM to 7:30 AM we had the first two nights. She is eating better, but I wish she would eat more. We are using a combination of American and Chinese formula with a little bit of rice. Not the thick stuff that the orphanage was using, but she is drinking it. When she decides to eat, she can polish off a bottle in about two minutes.
We went with several of our group to the Guangzhou Zoo today. Emma Lee slept most of the time, but when she was awake, she was in a great mood! I got some really cute pictures of her, but unfortunately I can't post them all here because it takes forever to load pictures!



She is really starting to imitate what we do more and more. She will sometimes raise her arms when we reach out to pick her up. We have played Pat-a Cake several times, and she will clap a little on her own. Rodney was walking around with her while we waited for the rest of the group at the exit, and he waved at me and Emma copied him. Adorable!

She is wearing her very first pair of squeaky shoes today. She isn't walking, or even interested in it, but she did make them squeak a couple of times by just kicking her feet. For those who don't know, squeaky shoes do just that - make a little squeak when the kids walk. They are very popular over here and among adoptive families. We have bought two so far, but I think there are going to be many more in her future! This outfit is 12 months, and she is definately swimming in it, but it looks so cute!

We can tell when Emma is getting tired - those fingers get lodged in her mouth. So Cute! This was on the bus ride home from the zoo.

When we got back to the hotel, we all napped - some longer than others. I slept about 45 minutes, while Emma Lee and Rodney slept almost 3 hours.
When everyone was up and moving, we decided to take advantage of the cooler weather today to get out and do a little shopping. We headed to some shops we hadn't passed before, and I was able to check several things off of my list. Rodney is very concerned about packing it all to go home, but I think we will be fine. When you look at it all (so far) it really doesn't take up much space or weight. Oh, the things I would buy if space, weight (and money!) were not an issue!
Several places here do paintings INSIDE of glass bottles - you just have to take them a picture. They also etch a picture into slate. I really want to get some of these made, so we need to get going because they take a day or two. We bought a really cool painting today made by a man who paints it with his finger. We stood and watched him for a while. It was amazing what he could do!

Our guides, XiXi and Bob, have talked me into getting some Chinese medicine to help with the swelling in my feet. XiXi brought some over tonight. It is called Wood Lock Oil. It has menthol and eucalyptus in it. I will try it tonight and see what happens!

2 comments:
I wanted to wish you a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! I know you have enjoyed it being with Emma Lee. Keep posting when you can, we all love your updates. Have fun and we'll see you soon.
Paula
Hi guys,
We are so excited that we finally managed to get on here and see your beautiful daughter! She is precious and you both look so proud in the photos. And don't worry, once she feels safe and secure, she will eat and sleep. I'm sure with all the love you are giving her, that won't take too long! We are thinking of you daily and praying for you all to have a safe journey home.
Love, Bob, Judy, Jessica, and Rob
Post a Comment