Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I'm too excited to sleep!

Good morning all!

It is 5 AM here, and I've been awake for a couple of hours already. I have read a couple of other blogs of parents who are here now and have already gotten thier babies! So Cool!

We have a meeting to go over our paperwork this morning and meet the rest of our group. There are 4 families that we haven't met. I think we will be free to do what we want after the meeting until we leave for the Civil Affairs Office at 2, not 2:30 as we thought. The Olympic Torch Relay is running through Guangzhou today, so traffic is going to be a nightmare! Most of the babies are coming in from quite a distance away, and because of the relay, many will be using public transportation. Our Emma Lee is coming from 3 and a half hours away! Personally, I thought they should have just brought them yesterday to miss all this confusion!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My ankle is feeling a little better today. Hopefully a day with not too much walking will help it heal.

I'll post more later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris & Rodney!
We've been following your trip. Sounds like you're having fun, fall and all! We are anxiously awaiting photos of you and Emma Lee. We'll probably be snug in our beds when you actually get her!
Alex wants to know how many boats are in the harbors (I'm not sure where he came up with that!) and what Uncle Rodney's favorite Chinese food is?
Well, we'll check back tomorrow to see the photos. Enjoy the moment!
Love,
Kelly, Joel & Alex